Subject: RE: [xliff] Extensibility in Modules

>>Also there is no ambiguity or inconsistency in that..

I didn’t argue ambiguity, I argued inconsistency. And yes, there is inconsistency when you look at implementation. It is exactly what Yves stated below: “The Metadata modules is explicitly define in the Translation Candidates module, so our Match object as a getMetadata() method. But because the Glossary module does not define Metadata our GlossEntry object does not have a getMetadata() method. One would have to use the generic method for extensions getExtObject() instead.”

This will not be readily apparent to developers and not all developers know about, or will ask the TC via the comments list.

Also, I’m not sure why you think that a custom extension is somehow more interoperable than metadata. At best, only me and my customers will know how to deal with my custom extension, but if I use metadata, at least everyone who supports the metadata module will be able to view/display the data.

But in the end, I agree with you that using <gls:glossary> as a baseline is the correct thing to do.

Thanks,

Ryan