Subject: RE: [xliff] Question about modules and namespaces

I agree. I think identifying the prefixes as best practice makes sense, in terms of human readability, interoperability between non-XML based agents (gasp).

But I think making it a conformance requirement (which nobody has proposed) would be heavy-handed.

From: xliff@lists.oasis-open.org [mailto:xliff@lists.oasis-open.org] On Behalf Of Dr. David Filip
Sent: Friday, August 21, 2015 2:12 PM
To: Ryan King
Cc: xliff@lists.oasis-open.org

Ryan, the namespace prefix cannot be prescribed in XML, it's by definition arbitrary and what matters is the declaration, it's just a "model" prefix if u want.

What is normatively prescribed is the *fragid* prefix. And the fragid prefix is intentionally the same in each module as the model namespace prefix that is used for that module namespace throughout the spec for consistency and clarity reasons

Cheers

OASIS XLIFF TC Secretary, Editor, and Liaison Officer

LRC | CNGL | CSIS