Subject: Internationalization and beyond related metadata for JSON - XLIFF perspective?

Hi all,

apologies for posting a similar message to the W3C ITS IG and this list; I am hoping to reach more people, obviously.

In the W3C i18n working group we recently had discussion about how to add language information or directionality information to a json string. I mentioned that a while ago in the W3C ITS IG esp. Yves had experimented with adding metadata like a translate flag to json strings. Addison and Richard from the i18n WG have prepared some background reading on the json metadata topic and on plain text metadata in general, see here

https://www.w3.org/International/wiki/ContentMetadataJavaScriptDiscussion
http://r12a.github.io/docs/bidi-plain-text/index.html

I am interested in hearing what solutions people have in mind for the issue, and if there is interest in specifying a common one. Of course the planned work on an XLIFF object model may become relevant here.

Best,

Felix