Subject: Re: [xliff] Modified: XLIFF TC Meeting

Hi all,

just a minor point wrt the minutes from last meeting.

Patrik's name is spelled without "c"
So it should be "Patrik" rather than "Patrick".
This seems minor but might prevent successful searches for the name in the archives in the future  ;-)
I am going to fix that as this is clearly editorial and we will have the corrected version of minutes in the meeting..
Cheers

===========
OASIS XLIFF OMOS TC Convener
OASIS XLIFF TC Secretary, Editor, and Liaison Officer
Spokes Research Fellow
ADAPT Centre
KDEG, Trinity College Dublin
Mobile: +420-777-218-122

On Mon, Nov 30, 2015 at 4:30 AM, OASIS Open <workgroup_mailer@lists.oasis-open.org> wrote:
Submitter's message
Added meeting minutes
-- Bryan Schnabel
Event Title: XLIFF TC Meeting

Date: Tuesday, 17 November 2015, 11:00am to 12:00pm EST
Description

Please get the dial in information from our private Action Item here:
https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/xliff/members/action_item.php?action_item_id=3663

This meeting counts towards voter eligibility.

Agenda

I Administration (0:00 - 0:10)
  A. Roll call

  B. Approve meeting minutes, 03 November 2015
     https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xliff/201511/msg00003.html

  C. Revise scheduled for XLIFF 2.1
     https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xliff/201504/msg00009.html
     https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xliff/201504/msg00014.html

  D. Requesting progress of ISO submision of XLIFF 2.0
     https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xliff/201506/msg00002.html
     https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xliff/201511/msg00002.html

  E. Mandate extension of the XLIFF P&L Subcommittee - Lucía, second from Fredrik
     https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xliff/201511/msg00011.html

  F. Microsoft’s XLIFF 2.0 Object Model is now Open Source on GitHub
     https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xliff/201511/msg00006.html

II XLIFF 2.1 (0:10 - 0:45)

* indicates new topic, not yet discussed

  A. Discuss whether can be allowed at all extension points (Ryan)
     https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xliff/201506/msg00013.html
  B. Inline attributes and canCopy (Ryan)
     https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xliff/201506/msg00015.html
  D. Typo in example (4.3.1.10 dataRefEnd) (Yves)
     https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xliff/201506/msg00022.html
  E. Add N Constraint to the core order attribute
     DF will make a CFD for this on mailing list. This has been now sufficiently discussed. [pending AI for dF]
  F. Template/Model for TBX Mapping with XLIFF v2.0 and Higher Version 1.0 (DavidF)
     https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xliff/201411/msg00091.html [pending AI for Fredrik]
  G. ITS storage size restriction
     Fredrik to propose slr profile for ITS storage size data category [pending AI for dF]
  H. Mistakes in the spec (Soroush)
     https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xliff/201502/msg00009.html
  I. NVDL for the core is updated (Soroush)
     https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xliff/201503/msg00009.html
  J. * NVDL validation for XLIFF 2.0 (Soroush)
     https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xliff/201509/msg00002.html
  K. * Comment on 2.1 draft (Yves)
     https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xliff/201509/msg00023.html
  L. * CanReorder Validation error (Ryan)
     https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xliff/201509/msg00031.html

  M. * ITS text analytics (David)

  N. Internationalization and beyond related metadata for JSON - XLIFF perspective? (Felix)
     https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xliff/201510/msg00006.html
  O. * XLIFF Support Survey Draft (Lucía)
     https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xliff/201511/msg00005.html
  P. * Question on namespace re-writing and ITS text analysis (Felix)
     https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xliff/201511/msg00013.html

III Sub Committee Report (0:45 - 0:55)

IV  Current and New Business (0:55 -

Minutes

Agenda

I Administration

-. Roll call

Attendance: Fredrik, Bryan, Ingo, Soroush, Lucia, Uwe, Tom Comerford, Yves, Phil R.

Apologies: David F.

  - Approve meeting minutes, 03 November 2015
     https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xliff/201511/msg00003.html

Y: I second

B: Meetings minutes approved.

  -. Revise scheduled for XLIFF 2.1
     https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xliff/201504/msg00009.html
     https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xliff/201504/msg00014.html

B: we do not have Kevin on the call.

  -. Requesting progress of ISO submission of XLIFF 2.0
     https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xliff/201506/msg00002.html
     https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xliff/201511/msg00002.html

B: We have news from Peter, he will attend the ISO meeting, he requested other members to join as well, Bryan and David F. will join.

  -. Mandate extension of the XLIFF P&L Subcommittee - Lucía, second from Fredrik
     https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xliff/201511/msg00011.html

Mandate of the Promotion and Liaison Subcommittee is hereby extended until December 31, 2016.

Vote: Yes/No

Fredrik: Yes

Soroush: Yes

Bryan: Yes

Ingo: Yes

Tom: Yes

Lucia: Yes

Uwe: Yes

Yves: Yes

B: the vote passes under unanimity, the mandate is extended until 31 December 2016.

  -. Microsoft’s XLIFF 2.0 Object Model is now Open Source on GitHub
     https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xliff/201511/msg00006.html

B: We will like to extend our gratitude on behalf of the XLIFF TC and all the XLIFF community.

U: I will tell all the team that worked on this.

.- other topics:

P: we were interested in the change tracking.  Felix sent a proposal on how we serialise that. We are planning to have a proposal related with the okapi framework for Yves to review.

Y: good news.

P: Felix sent an email on my behalf two weeks ago.

B: I will add it to the agenda.

P: I will try to repost it.

* XLIFF Support Survey Draft (Lucía)
     https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xliff/201511/msg00005.html
L: I have created the survey using an online tool, I have received feeback from Patrick regarding segmentation and I have created ten questions based on the processing requirements and contraints of the specification. Please do not hesitate to send me your comments.

Fredrik: I would like to know tools ability to modify files coming from other tools. Specific questions on that topic can be added.

B: Could you think about making some wording on this?

F: I will do it.

L: Thank you, I will add them.

* ITS text analytics (David)

P: We have been working on this, I will post the information on the list.

III Sub Committee Report

L: We discussed the mandate extension, the survey design, and the next symposium.

New business? New topics?

P: I will just want to thank Microsoft for their work.

B: Availability during December and January. Lucia, can you create a poll for this?

L: Sure, I will do it and send it after the meeting.

B: Meeting adjourned.

Owner: Bryan Schnabel
Group: OASIS XML Localisation Interchange File Format (XLIFF) TC
Sharing: This event is shared with the OASIS Open (General Membership), and General Public groups. Public Event Link

Microsoft Outlook users: You will see event notifications requiring further action in your Outlook mail application.
Non-Outlook users: We still recommend subscribing to a Group or organization-wide calendar to keep your calendar updated.

  • Learn more about subscribing here.
  • View the updated Group web calendar here.