Subject: RE: [xliff] Inline codes in Change Tracking

To complement my initial questions: here is an XLIFF file.
Is it a valid one or not?

From: xliff@lists.oasis-open.org [mailto:xliff@lists.oasis-open.org] On Behalf Of Yves Savourel
Sent: Saturday, December 5, 2015 12:54 PM
To: XLIFF Main List <xliff@lists.oasis-open.org>
Subject: [xliff] Inline codes in Change Tracking

Hi,

I'm looking at how to represent inline codes in the <item> element of the Change Tracking module (for 2.1) and I'd like to make sure
it doesn't break the 2.0 constraints. I'd like to double-check my interpretation.

The simplest way to store an old version of the translation of a segment is to copy it in the CTR's <item> element:

<unit id='1'>
 <ctr:changeTrack>
  <ctr:revisions appliesTo="segment" ref="s1">
   <ctr:revision>
    <ctr:item property="content">This is a <pc id='1'>sample</pc></ctr:item>
   </ctr:revision>
  </ctr:revisions>
 </ctr:changeTrack>
 <segment id='s1'>

The potential issue there is the <pc>'s ID.

The specification says the following for the attribute id:

[[

- The inline elements enclosed by a <target> element MUST use the duplicate id values of their corresponding inline elements
enclosed within the sibling <source> element if and only if those corresponding elements exist.

- Except for the above exception, the value MUST be unique among all of the above within the enclosing <unit> element.
]]

it's not in a <target>.

1) Is my assumption (it's not valid) correct?