Subject: Re: [xliff] Preserving spaces inline

Thanks, Fredrik, Yves,
We have agreed a long time ago, that we will not have a native space handling attribute and that we will advise implementers to normalize spaces before preserving them on structural level.
Also no problem with removing the description, how to protect whitespace using data of inline codes. Maybe we should even show an example how this could missfire on different whitespace handling in different languages..

This is all great and agreed, what we need is a spec ready text.

Cheers

OASIS XLIFF OMOS TC Chair
OASIS XLIFF TC Secretary, Editor, Liaison Officer
Spokes Research Fellow
ADAPT Centre
KDEG, Trinity College Dublin
Mobile: +420-777-218-122