Subject: RE: [xliff] <sm/> and <em/>

Thanks for confirmation – we will also log a bug for MS OM library on GitHub.

Patrik

From: David Filip [mailto:david.filip@adaptcentre.ie]
Sent: Thursday, December 17, 2015 3:01 PM
To: Patrik Mazanek <pmazanek@sdl.com>
Cc: XLIFF Main List <xliff@lists.oasis-open.org>

Thanks, Patrik, there was a discussion on this back in summer 2014.

While orphaned <sc/> and <ec/> are possible and allowed because XLIFF Agents are not in control of the native markup in the original and target format.

I guess the Okapi and MSFT OM don't catch this, as there is no explicit Constraint or PR to prohibit that.

I would suggest that we add such PR, as it wouldn't be really chanhing the spec materially, just adding explicit wording to what otherwise follows implicitly.

Cheers

OASIS XLIFF OMOS TC Chair

OASIS XLIFF TC Secretary, Editor, Liaison Officer

Spokes Research Fellow

ADAPT Centre

KDEG, Trinity College Dublin

Mobile: +420-777-218-122