Subject: Modified: XLIFF TC Meeting

Submitter's message
Added minutes. Thanks Lucía
-- Bryan Schnabel
Event Title: XLIFF TC Meeting

Date: Tuesday, 15 December 2015, 11:00am to 12:00pm EST
Description

Please get the dial in information from our private Action Item here:
https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/xliff/members/action_item.php?action_item_id=3663

This meeting counts towards voter eligibility.

Agenda

I Administration (0:00 - 0:10)
  A. Roll call

  B. Approve meeting minutes, 17 November 2015
     https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xliff/201511/msg00028.html

  C. Revise scheduled for XLIFF 2.1
     https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xliff/201504/msg00009.html
     https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xliff/201504/msg00014.html

  D. Requesting progress of ISO submision of XLIFF 2.0
     https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xliff/201506/msg00002.html
     https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xliff/201511/msg00002.html

  E. Mandate extension of the XLIFF P&L Subcommittee - Lucía, second from Fredrik
     https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xliff/201511/msg00011.html

  F. * Okapi XLIFF Toolkit 1.1 Available (Yves)
     https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xliff/201512/msg00009.html

  G. * XLIFF Support - Survey (Lucía)
     https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xliff/201512/msg00023.html

II XLIFF 2.1 (0:10 - 0:45)

* indicates new topic, not yet discussed

  A. Discuss whether can be allowed at all extension points (Ryan)
     https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xliff/201506/msg00013.html
  B. Inline attributes and canCopy (Ryan)
     https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xliff/201506/msg00015.html
  D. Typo in example (4.3.1.10 dataRefEnd) (Yves)
     https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xliff/201506/msg00022.html
  E. Add N Constraint to the core order attribute
     DF will make a CFD for this on mailing list. This has been now sufficiently discussed. [pending AI for dF]
  F. Template/Model for TBX Mapping with XLIFF v2.0 and Higher Version 1.0 (DavidF)
     https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xliff/201411/msg00091.html [pending AI for Fredrik]
  G. ITS storage size restriction
     Fredrik to propose slr profile for ITS storage size data category [pending AI for dF]
  H. Mistakes in the spec (Soroush)
     https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xliff/201502/msg00009.html
  I. NVDL for the core is updated (Soroush)
     https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xliff/201503/msg00009.html
  J. NVDL validation for XLIFF 2.0 (Soroush)
     https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xliff/201509/msg00002.html
  K. * Comment on 2.1 draft (Yves)
     https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xliff/201509/msg00023.html
  L. * CanReorder Validation error (Ryan)
     https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xliff/201509/msg00031.html

  M. * ITS text analytics (David)

  N. Internationalization and beyond related metadata for JSON - XLIFF perspective? (Felix)
     https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xliff/201510/msg00006.html
  O. * XLIFF Support Survey Draft (Lucía)
     https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xliff/201511/msg00005.html
  P. * Question on namespace re-writing and ITS text analysis (Felix)
     https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xliff/201511/msg00013.html
  Q. * Proposal For Change Tracking in XLIFF 2.1 (Phil)
     https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xliff/201511/msg00024.html
  R. Errors in test suite for Change Tracking module (Yves)
     [action item: Bryan to fix]
     https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xliff/201511/msg00026.html
  S. CTR test suite files
     https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xliff/201511/msg00027.html
     [action item: Bryan to fix]
  T. * Preserving spaces inline (Yves)
     https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xliff/201512/msg00008.html
  U. * Inline codes in Change Tracking (Yves)
     https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xliff/201512/msg00010.html
  V. * Implementing XLFF 2.0 test suite files (Ryan)
     https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xliff/201512/msg00019.html

III Sub Committee Report (0:45 - 0:55)

IV  Current and New Business (0:55 -

Minutes

Agenda :

https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xliff/201512/msg00006.html

DavidF seconds.

B: Meeting minutes approved.

-- Requesting progress of ISO submission of XLIFF 2.0
     https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xliff/201506/msg00002.html
     https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xliff/201511/msg00002.html

David Filip, these are Alan Melby questions: As for XLIFF at the TC 37 conference in Copenhagen at the end of June, I have not heard a recent status.  Has an official ISO TC 37 NWIP (New Work Item Proposal) ballot been issued?  If so, did it end up in SC 4 or SC 5?

DF: Fast track still needs an approval.

F: yes, it still needs approval, fast track just accelerates things.

DF: I will address those questions to Peter.

Df: I might try to go Copenhagen.

F: It might be doable for me as I can go on a day and be back on the same day.

DF: The meeting will take place in June/July. I am in contact with ISO and I am seeing if I should join the Irish or the Check delegation.

-- Okapi XLIFF Toolkit 1.1 Available (Yves)
     https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xliff/201512/msg00009.html

B: That is good news.

-- Lucia.  XLIFF Support - Survey (Lucía)
     https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xliff/201512/msg00023.html

L: No answers yet. The survey is open for tool developers within the TC.

Df: we will like to address the TC members first.

--- Preserving spaces inline (Yves)
     https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xliff/201512/msg00008.html

F: It might be late now to change that on the spec.

DF: I agree, but we need to describe it on the schema. It needs some normative language to obtain predictable results.

F: you can just apply general XML preservation rules

DF: the use case is that you want to prevent something.

F: we should have a note explicitating it.

Df: We actually have a problem if we have mixed instructions. We need exact a procedure to indicate what to do if we have mixed instructions within segment or unit. You need to normalise what it needs to be normalised, but not normalise what should not be normalised.

F: that information can be added with ITS.

Df: probably the best to address would be a note or a warning and quoting in the ITS description.

Df: We need to have somebody to write the text. Maybe Yves?

B: I will refer to these minutes.

 -- Implementing XLFF 2.0 test suite files (Ryan)
     https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xliff/201512/msg00019.html

B: Ryan has made some discoveries on the files that Yves and I created. I will take care of the change tracking ones. I can ask Yves to have a look at the core ones.

F: We should have one error only for file, it is a good a practise to do that.

B: I agree, that is a good practise.

Df: for the advance validation, we might need more than the artefact. For example, using the test files. If people want to help Souroush with the advanced validation.

S: I can take care of some of the issues of the validaditon, but I need to do a list. I will send that list to the TC asking for comments.

III Sub Committee Report (0:45 - 0:55)

Df: The sister committee has started last week. We will need close liaison between committees. The next meeting will take place in January. I was elected chair of the committee. Microsoft joined, also SDL and Yves. The liaison to the XLIFF TC was also formed, Yves was the link. Alan Melby volunteered for the liaison with TBX.

I would like to ask the TC next month, if they will the TC would hand over the work on glossary module to the OSMOS TC?

B: I would support it.

F: I do not have any objections for that.

Df: I kindly ask all the tool implementers of the TC to fill the survey for Christmas.

Owner: Bryan Schnabel
Group: OASIS XML Localisation Interchange File Format (XLIFF) TC
Sharing: This event is shared with the OASIS Open (General Membership), and General Public groups. Public Event Link

Microsoft Outlook users: You will see event notifications requiring further action in your Outlook mail application.
Non-Outlook users: We still recommend subscribing to a Group or organization-wide calendar to keep your calendar updated.

  • Learn more about subscribing here.
  • View the updated Group web calendar here.

BEGIN:VCALENDAR
CALSCALE:GREGORIAN
METHOD:REQUEST
VERSION:2.0
X-MS-OLK-FORCEINSPECTOROPEN:TRUE
BEGIN:VTIMEZONE
TZID:America/New_York
BEGIN:STANDARD
DTSTART:20001029T020000
RRULE:FREQ=YEARLY;BYDAY=-1SU;BYMONTH=10;UNTIL=20061029T060000Z
TZNAME:EST
TZOFFSETFROM:-0400
TZOFFSETTO:-0500
END:STANDARD
BEGIN:STANDARD
DTSTART:20071104T020000
RRULE:FREQ=YEARLY;BYDAY=1SU;BYMONTH=11
TZNAME:EST
TZOFFSETFROM:-0400
TZOFFSETTO:-0500
END:STANDARD
BEGIN:DAYLIGHT
DTSTART:20000402T020000
RRULE:FREQ=YEARLY;BYDAY=1SU;BYMONTH=4;UNTIL=20060402T070000Z
TZNAME:EDT
TZOFFSETFROM:-0500
TZOFFSETTO:-0400
END:DAYLIGHT
BEGIN:DAYLIGHT
DTSTART:20070311T020000
RRULE:FREQ=YEARLY;BYDAY=2SU;BYMONTH=3
TZNAME:EDT
TZOFFSETFROM:-0500
TZOFFSETTO:-0400
END:DAYLIGHT
END:VTIMEZONE
BEGIN:VEVENT
STATUS:CONFIRMED
TRANSP:OPAQUE
DTSTAMP:20151217T185223Z
DTSTART;VALUE=DATE-TIME;TZID=America/New_York:20151215T110000
DTEND;VALUE=DATE-TIME;TZID=America/New_York:20151215T120000
SEQUENCE:1
SUMMARY:XLIFF TC Meeting
LAST-MODIFIED:20151217T185223Z
ORGANIZER:workgroup_mailer@lists.oasis-open.org
 tem here:\nhttps://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/xli
 ff/members/action_item.php?action_item_id=3663\n\nAgenda: I
 Administration (0:00 - 0:10)\n  A. Roll call\n\n  B. Approve
  meeting minutes\, 17 November 2015\n     https://lists.oasi
 s-open.org/archives/xliff/201511/msg00028.html\n     \n  C.
 Revise scheduled for XLIFF 2.1    \n     https://lists.oasis
 -open.org/archives/xliff/201504/msg00009.html\n     https://
 lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xliff/201504/msg00014.html\n\n
   D. Requesting progress of ISO submision of XLIFF 2.0\n
  https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xliff/201506/msg00002
 .html\n     https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xliff/2015
 11/msg00002.html\n\n  E. Mandate extension of the XLIFF P&L
 Subcommittee - Luc&iacute\;a\, second from Fredrik\n     htt
 ps://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xliff/201511/msg00011.htm
 l\n\n  F. * Okapi XLIFF Toolkit 1.1 Available (Yves)\n     h
 ttps://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xliff/201512/msg00009.h
 tml\n\n  G. * XLIFF Support - Survey (Luc&iacute\;a)\n     h
 ttps://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xliff/201512/msg00023.h
 tml\n\nII XLIFF 2.1 (0:10 - 0:45)\n\n* indicates new topic\,
  not yet discussed\n\n  A. Discuss whether can be allowed at
  all extension points (Ryan)\n     https://lists.oasis-open.
 org/archives/xliff/201506/msg00013.html\n  B. Inline attribu
 tes and canCopy (Ryan)\n     https://lists.oasis-open.org/ar
 chives/xliff/201506/msg00015.html\n  D. Typo in example (4.3
 .1.10 dataRefEnd) (Yves)\n     https://lists.oasis-open.org/
 archives/xliff/201506/msg00022.html\n  E. Add N Constraint t
 o the core order attribute\n     DF will make a CFD for this
  on mailing list. This has been now sufficiently discussed.
 [pending AI for dF]\n  F. Template/Model for TBX Mapping wit
 h XLIFF v2.0 and Higher Version 1.0 (DavidF)\n     https://l
 ists.oasis-open.org/archives/xliff/201411/msg00091.html [pen
 ding AI for Fredrik]\n  G. ITS storage size restriction\n
   Fredrik to propose slr profile for ITS storage size data c
 ategory [pending AI for dF]\n  H. Mistakes in the spec (Soro
 ush)\n     https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xliff/20150
 2/msg00009.html\n  I. NVDL for the core is updated (Soroush)
 \n     https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xliff/201503/ms
 g00009.html\n  J. NVDL validation for XLIFF 2.0 (Soroush)\n
     https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xliff/201509/msg00
 002.html\n  K. * Comment on 2.1 draft (Yves)\n     https://l
 ists.oasis-open.org/archives/xliff/201509/msg00023.html\n  L
 . * CanReorder Validation error (Ryan)\n     https://lists.o
 asis-open.org/archives/xliff/201509/msg00031.html\n\n  M. *
 ITS text analytics (David)\n\n  N. Internationalization and
 beyond related metadata for JSON - XLIFF perspective? (Felix
 )\n     https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xliff/201510/m
 sg00006.html\n  O. * XLIFF Support Survey Draft (Luc&iacute\
 ;a)\n     https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xliff/201511
 /msg00005.html\n  P. * Question on namespace re-writing and
 ITS text analysis (Felix)\n     https://lists.oasis-open.org
 /archives/xliff/201511/msg00013.html\n  Q. * Proposal For Ch
 ange Tracking in XLIFF 2.1 (Phil)\n     https://lists.oasis-
 open.org/archives/xliff/201511/msg00024.html\n  R. Errors in
  test suite for Change Tracking module (Yves)\n     [action
 item: Bryan to fix]\n     https://lists.oasis-open.org/archi
 ves/xliff/201511/msg00026.html\n  S. CTR test suite files\n
     https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xliff/201511/msg00
 027.html\n     [action item: Bryan to fix]\n  T. * Preservin
 g spaces inline (Yves)\n     https://lists.oasis-open.org/ar
 chives/xliff/201512/msg00008.html\n  U. * Inline codes in Ch
 ange Tracking (Yves)\n     https://lists.oasis-open.org/arch
 ives/xliff/201512/msg00010.html\n  V. * Implementing XLFF 2.
 0 test suite files (Ryan)\n     https://lists.oasis-open.org
 /archives/xliff/201512/msg00019.html\n\nIII Sub Committee Re
 port (0:45 - 0:55)\n\nIV  Current and New Business (0:55 -\n
 Group: OASIS XML Localisation Interchange File Format (XLIFF
 ) TC\nCreator: Bryan Schnabel
URL:https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/xliff/event.php?event_id=41566
UID:https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/xliff/event.php?event_id=41566
BEGIN:VALARM