Subject: Re: [xliff] XLIFF and ITS mapping-ID value

HI Soroush and all,

Am 18.12.2015 um 18:14 schrieb Soroush.Saadatfar <Soroush.Saadatfar@ul.ie>:

The spec text for ID value data category of ITS is offered as follows:

"ID value

This data category provides a mechanism to build customized unique identifiers for different parts of the document. It is generally recommended to use native xml:id or id attributes for XML and HTML documents respectively.

As XLIFF 2.1 identifiers are not unique in the scope of the entire document, this data category should be avoided where possible and replaced by native XLIFF identifiers."

And I have a question with regards to the example. The current text in the wiki page mentions "exceptions for very specific context...", would you please provide a particular case? I don't think the current example on wiki is that.

There is no example because as the wiki says: „Note that the identifiers in XLIFF are not unique per document, so using the Id Value data category to specify IDs in an XLIFF document is largely useless“. So I would leave this as as, without an example about such contexts.

Best,

Felix

Please feel free to leave feedback or comments.

Thank you in advance for your participation!

Best,

Soroush.