Subject: Inline IDs in <source>/<target> in mtc and ctr modules

So to summarize the problem:

The issue occurs when we have something like the following unit, which is very common: a candidate that has the same inline codes as the source it is based on.

<unit id='u1'>
 <mtc:matches>
  <mtc:match id="mtc1" type="mt" ref="#m1">
  </mtc:match>
 </mtc:matches>
 <segment id="m1">
 </segment>
</unit>

But if it's not allowed, then it's impossible to carry exact matches in XLIFF2.

The same issue will occur for the Change Tracking handling of inline codes.

This is a rather bad situation.
I don't see how we can resolve it without changing the text of the specification. Any idea on how we can resolve this?