OASIS Mailing List ArchivesView the OASIS mailing list archive below
or browse/search using MarkMail.


Help: OASIS Mailing Lists Help | MarkMail Help

xliff message

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]

Subject: Modified: XLIFF TC Meeting

Event Title: XLIFF TC Meeting

Date: Tuesday, 19 January 2016, 11:00am to 12:00pm EST

Please get the dial in information from our private Action Item here:

This meeting counts towards voter eligibility.


I Administration (0:00 - 0:10)
  A. Roll call

  B. Approve meeting minutes, 5 January 2016
  C. Revise scheduled for XLIFF 2.1    

  D. Requesting progress of ISO submision of XLIFF 2.0

  E. * XLIFF 2.0 Support - Survey (Lucía)

  F. * Moved several action items from agenda to kavi AI tracker

II XLIFF 2.1 (0:10 - 0:45)

* indicates new topic, not yet discussed

  A. Discuss whether can be allowed at all extension points (Ryan)
  B. Inline attributes and canCopy (Ryan)
  C. NVDL for the core is updated (Soroush)
  D. NVDL validation for XLIFF 2.0 (Soroush)
  E. * Comment on 2.1 draft (Yves)
  F. * CanReorder Validation error (Ryan)
  G. * ITS text analytics (David)
  H. Internationalization and beyond related metadata for JSON - XLIFF perspective? (Felix)
  I. * Question on namespace re-writing and ITS text analysis (Felix)
  J. * Proposal For Change Tracking in XLIFF 2.1 (Phil)
  K. * Inline codes in Change Tracking (Yves)
  L. * XLIFF and ITS mapping- Elements within text (Soroush)
  M. * XLIFF and ITS mapping-ID value (Soroush)
  N. * Inline IDs in

/ in mtc and ctr modules (Yves)


III Sub Committee Report (0:45 - 0:55)


IV  Current and New Business (0:55 -


I Administration (0:00 - 0:10)
Attendance: Felix, David F., Bryan, Yves, Lucía, Phil, Soroush.



  A. Roll call

  -. Approve meeting minutes, 5 January 2016

B: I approve to approve the meetings.

Phil: I second.

B: Meetings approved.



  D. Requesting progress of ISO submision of XLIFF 2.0

B: Peter is not on the call.

Df: I’ve recently found a page where OASIS tracks the process. https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/LIAISONS-5?jql=text%20~%20%22xliff%22 . That is the official link to track the process. According to Alan if there is not further move to address this it will not be in Copenhagen in June and we will have to wait for another a year. If you, Bryan, you write to Jaimie reaches him, that might help. Both Peter and Jaimie are liaison.

B: Ok, I will do that.




  E. * XLIFF 2.0 Support - Survey (Lucía)


Action items for Davidf: contact MemSource, “AN”? and SDL. SDL announced beta versions .

Y:OmegaT developers tried to answer the questionnaire, but found it too technical and as they were based in Okapi they thought it was not necessary.

L: I will try to reach them to have a written statement, that can also be useful for the report.

P: that can be our case also with Ocelot, we use Okapi.

Df: I think that there is still need for you to fill the survey as Okapi does not cover everything that your tool does.

We also need to reach Microsoft and Lionbridge (not currently on the call) to fill in the questionnaire.

B: I am currently filling it. I can reach Rodolfo.

Df: There is interest for the report. We need to update this information (latest version is the 2014’s version). The survey is necessary.




  F. * Moved several action items from agenda to kavi AI tracker

B: I moved the AI that were agreed on the last meeting to the kavi AI tracker.




II XLIFF 2.1 (0:10 - 0:45)


  N. * Inline IDs in

/ in mtc and ctr modules (Yves)

Df: we have Soroush for the strict implementation of this duplication. Felix said that he cannot prevent tool from doing it. We need to say how can we prevent this and having validation issues.

S: when we have… . They will go in the core, it does not matter if the go outside.

Df: The default case would be to take all the ocurrences of the core namespaces of the core in the document.

Df: maybe this can be done through the schematron?

S: the schematron does not have the access to that.

Df: You should be able to specify if the element is child of something else.

FS: creates several sections. When sections are created, it is not possible to access to other part of documents. If something is nested, there should be individual processing.

Y: there is a technical problem, another problem in the spec 2.0 we clarified that there is only an exception. I am more worried about what the spec did say. We need to clarify the spec. In our library, we are validating through the unit, but we do it through the modules, I think with Bryan I did not get any validation problems, I do not about Microsoft’s implementation.

Df: There are two issues, what is the desired behaviour. We cannot extend the uniqueness requirement on modules, that can be easily clarified with a note. But two things need to be decided: what is the desired implementation? And what is the … implementation of that in 1.2?

Y: We will like to have duplicated ids in some cases, for example: matches that refer to a single unit.

Df: the ids need to be built in a single revision. We probably create an action for Soroush, Felix and myself to see how to solve this in the advanced validation feature.

Df: we can have a warn note on the spec. Like “this does not address modules, that is a core statement”. Each module needs to have constraints on id uniqueness. It would be a new constraint that can be added as a clarification of the match module. It does not affect the schema. It would need a new rule for the schematron for matches. Bryan, did you try to see what your tool says with these duplicates?

B: I don’t think it sends me any error.

Y: we might want to check with Ryan, to see how his implementation behaves.

Y: Also a problem in the 2.0 specification: http://docs.oasis-open.org/xliff/xliff-core/v2.0/xliff-core-v2.0.html#id where there is only one exception listed, and it's not the modules.


P: I have a feeling that if we resolve this to allow duplicates, this will have an impact on 2.G.


  G. * ITS text analytics (David)

P: we will have a look at the text analytics according to the spec. We had some of that work on Okapi. We are trying to have it implemented in Ocelot, we might have it done by the end of next week.



III Sub Committee Report (0:45 - 0:55)

Df: the most urgent thing is the call for papers. The FTF meeting should be decided. I edited the announcement sections of XLIFF TC and OMOS XLIFF. Please spread the word.

Df: the survey has already be discussed.

B: do we need an agenda item for the subcommittee?

Df: I think we do not need that.

Y: In the sister committee, we met last week, we discussed the distribution of work. Chet clarified what it needed to be done for the confirmation. We started to discuss the serialization for the inline content. David will have a presentation on the 21st

https://___www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/xliff/manage/edit_notes.php#announcements. Jaimie will be there to talk about the non-assertion https://___www.gala-global.org/ondemand/xliff-omos-briefing-developing-serialization-independent-object-model-xliff-2

Y: the TBX mapping was officially moved from the XLIFF TC to the sister committee.

Df: the ETSI committee needs to transfer the TMX

Df: we would like to do a symposium that focuses on TMX. There is a lot of interest on what is happening and what is coming next. If you know any TMX stakeholders, please spread the word.



IV  Current and New Business (0:55 –


L : Jesús Torres del Rey and I, we published a paper on XLIFF addressed to translators: http://revistes.uab.cat/tradumatica/article/view/88/pdf_4


Owner: Bryan Schnabel
Group: OASIS XML Localisation Interchange File Format (XLIFF) TC
Sharing: This event is shared with the OASIS Open (General Membership), and General Public groups. Public Event Link

Microsoft Outlook users: You will see event notifications requiring further action in your Outlook mail application.
Non-Outlook users: We still recommend subscribing to a Group or organization-wide calendar to keep your calendar updated.

  • Learn more about subscribing here.
  • View the updated Group web calendar here.

Attachment: ical_42247.ics
Description: application/ics

PRODID:-//Kavi Corporation//NONSGML Kavi Groups//EN
DESCRIPTION:Please get the dial in information from our private Action I
 tem here:\nhttps://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/xli
 ff/members/action_item.php?action_item_id=3663\n\nAgenda: I 
 Administration (0:00 - 0:10)\n  A. Roll call\n\n  B. Approve
  meeting minutes\, 5 January 2016\n     https://lists.oasis-
 open.org/archives/xliff/201601/msg00004.html\n     \n  C. Re
 vise scheduled for XLIFF 2.1    \n     https://lists.oasis-o
 pen.org/archives/xliff/201504/msg00009.html\n     https://li
 D. Requesting progress of ISO submision of XLIFF 2.0\n     h
 tml\n     https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xliff/201511
 /msg00002.html\n\n  E. * XLIFF 2.0 Support - Survey (Luc&iac
 ute\;a)\n     https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xliff/20
 1601/msg00003.html\n\n  F. * Moved several action items from
  agenda to kavi AI tracker\n     https://www.oasis-open.org/
 apps/org/workgroup/xliff/members/action_items.php\n\nII XLIF
 F 2.1 (0:10 - 0:45)\n\n* indicates new topic\, not yet discu
 ssed\n\n  A. Discuss whether can be allowed at all extension
  points (Ryan)\n     https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/x
 liff/201506/msg00013.html\n  B. Inline attributes and canCop
 y (Ryan)\n     https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xliff/2
 01506/msg00015.html\n  C. NVDL for the core is updated (Soro
 ush)\n     https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xliff/20150
 3/msg00009.html\n  D. NVDL validation for XLIFF 2.0 (Soroush
 )\n     https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xliff/201509/m
 sg00002.html\n  E. * Comment on 2.1 draft (Yves)\n     https
 n  F. * CanReorder Validation error (Ryan)\n     https://lis
 ts.oasis-open.org/archives/xliff/201509/msg00031.html\n  G. 
 * ITS text analytics (David)\n  H. Internationalization and 
 beyond related metadata for JSON - XLIFF perspective? (Felix
 )\n     https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xliff/201510/m
 sg00006.html\n  I. * Question on namespace re-writing and IT
 S text analysis (Felix)\n     https://lists.oasis-open.org/a
 rchives/xliff/201511/msg00013.html\n  J. * Proposal For Chan
 ge Tracking in XLIFF 2.1 (Phil)\n     https://lists.oasis-op
 en.org/archives/xliff/201511/msg00024.html\n  K. * Inline co
 des in Change Tracking (Yves)\n     https://lists.oasis-open
 .org/archives/xliff/201512/msg00010.html\n  L. * XLIFF and I
 TS mapping- Elements within text (Soroush)\n     https://lis
 ts.oasis-open.org/archives/xliff/201512/msg00033.html\n  M. 
 * XLIFF and ITS mapping-ID value (Soroush)\n     https://lis
 ts.oasis-open.org/archives/xliff/201512/msg00034.html\n  N. 
 * Inline IDs in\n\n/ in mtc and ctr modules (Yves)\n     htt
 l\n\n \n\n\nIII Sub Committee Report (0:45 - 0:55)\n\n \n\nI
 V  Current and New Business (0:55 -\nGroup: OASIS XML Locali
 sation Interchange File Format (XLIFF) TC\nCreator: Bryan Sc

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]