Subject: Re: [xliff] [xliff-omos] ITS rules file - Re: [xliff-omos] New XLIFF 2.1 Editors' Draft, 06 September 2016; Fwd: [xliff] Version Control Commit by DavidFilip

Hi David and all,

Am 11.09.2016 um 16:06 schrieb David Filip <david.filip@adaptcentre.ie>:

Felix, it depends..
If all features are covered by the module. It would be more like Localization Note.
If there are some features covered by the module (and core) but still need to introduce some ITSM attributes, annotations etc. Then it would be like Terminology..
Let's look into a short editors meeting on Wednesday to be prepared for the next XLIFF TC meeting, basically to see if there's a chance to have a csd01/ csprd01 ballot in the next TC meeting.

OK, I can all after 3 p.m. CEST on Wednesday. Wrt to what you wrote in this thread

ITS Size Restriction - Fredrik

I would suggest not to do this - it is not on Yves’ list of implementation commitment, see below, and nobody has expressed interest in this within the last year, I think ...

Best,

Felix

Anfang der weitergeleiteten Nachricht:

Von: Yves Savourel <ysavourel@enlaso.com>
Betreff: [xliff] XLIFF 2.1 - ITS support
Datum: 23. April 2016 um 14:41:49 MESZ
An: "XLIFF Main List" <xliff@lists.oasis-open.org>

Hi,

This is a note for the TC members currently working on the ITS module.

Just in case you would like to try the still-under-development implementation of some ITS data categories for XLIFF 2.1 you can find
the latest build of the Okapi XLIFF 2 library (including Lynx) here:
http://okapi.opentag.com/snapshots/okapi-xliffLib_all-platforms_1.2-SNAPSHOT.zip

At this point it is supposed to support:

- Translate
- Terminology
- Domain
- Text Analysis
- Provenance
- Preserve Space
- Localization Quality Issue
- MT Confidence
- Allowed Characters

Some of these data categories are not fully tested or implemented yet.

There is a -its command in Lynx that generates test result files comparable to the one we used in ITS 2.0. It's not implemented for
all supported data categories yet. BUT, doing this is a lot of work and there is no other tool as far as I know that does it too,
and therefore nothing to compare these results against. At this point I'm not sure it's worth the time to continue that command.

To try ITS support in general you can try to validate 2.1 files with some ITS metadata in them.

Or you can try to use the library directly:
The XLIFF objects that may have ITS attributes implement the IWithITSAttributes interface, and the ones that may have ITS elements
implement the IWithITSGroups interface. You can access the annotator references with getAnnotatorRef() on any of the XLIFF objects
where it may be valid.

You can find examples in the test code here:
https://bitbucket.org/okapiframework/xliff-toolkit/src/dev/okapi/libraries/lib-xliff/src/test/java/net/sf/okapi/lib/xliff2/its/Usage
Tests.java?fileviewer=file-view-default

Bug reports and feedback are welcome.

Cheers dF