Subject: Re: [xliff] Summary of the Call - XLIFF TC - Sep-20-2016

Felix, all,

everyone can help by reviewing the current draft
https://tools.oasis-open.org/version-control/browse/wsvn/xliff/trunk/xliff-21/xliff-core-v2.1.pdf

In particular, the following needs review:
[I made a wiki page where volunteers can checkout datacats they want to review in the draft
https://wiki.oasis-open.org/xliff/Review_wd01]

Elements Within Text
Locale Filter
Provenance
External Resource
Target Pointer
ID value
MT Confidence
Allowed Characters

The above data categories were not reviewed in their current shape AFAIK

The below categories are in the spec mostly for more than a year but still may be useful to review

Translate
Localization Note
Terminology
Directionality
Language Information
Domain
Text Analysis
Preserve Space
Localization Quality Issue
Localization Quality Rating

I am sure there are still lose ends, so please do volunteer to review parts of the spec.

Feedback would be best given as comments in the pdf copy sent to the main mailing list, so that I can keep track of dealing with the comments in the pdfs and confirm implementation on the main mailing list.
We want to make most fixes now in an informal way.
We will need to make a comment resolution for every fix after the first public review.

I will concentrate on ctr for the rest of the week. Tom and Soroush need to provide final versions of all validation artifacts by the end of this week..

Yves and others should review the artifacts
especially the ITS rules file, itsm.xsd and itsm.sch (once available)

Cheers and thanks

===========
OASIS XLIFF OMOS TC Chair
OASIS XLIFF TC Secretary, Editor, Liaison Officer
Spokes Research Fellow
ADAPT Centre
KDEG, Trinity College Dublin
Mobile: +420-777-218-122

On Tue, Sep 20, 2016 at 11:01 PM, Felix Sasaki <felix@sasakiatcf.com> wrote:
Apologies for not being able to be on the call. If there is something else I can do to move XLIFF 2.1 forward, let me know.

Best,

Felix