Subject: Re: [xliff] XLIFF SOU Questionnaire Draft

Hi Lucia,

I vaguely recall that this was how the TC approached SoUs for 2.0. Please do me a favor and take the word "official" of the description on the front page. Surveymonkey is not a designated facility from OASIS so nothing done on it can be said to be official or have such standing. I have no objections to its being used to collect information that will be transferred over to the TC's document repository or email list. But please take off the label "official."

Also, as I recall, the info from the survey was put into a PDF document or similar and loaded to the TC's document repository. Yes? The TC Process has some requirements for the Statement of Use including that if it is from a non-member then it must be sent to the TC's xliff-comment@ mailing list and that if the SoU comes from an OASIS Organizational Member, it must be endorsed by the Primary Rep. That is usually done, if the Primary is not also a TC member, by having a TC member forward the Primary's endorsement to the list.

Thanks - just wanted to make sure we're on the same page before you start collecting the information.

Best,

/chet