Subject: Re: XLIFF 2.1 csprd02 - wrong namespace for id in the ITS module

Hi all,

this is now tracked as

https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/XLIFF-45

TC members should discuss this within the JIRA issue.

Non-members can chime in at
http://markmail.org/thread/vbf6utpojxk4jdtj

Cheers

===========
OASIS XLIFF OMOS TC Chair
OASIS XLIFF TC Secretary, Editor, Liaison Officer
Spokes Research Fellow
ADAPT Centre
KDEG, Trinity College Dublin
Mobile: +420-777-218-122

On Mon, Feb 27, 2017 at 5:44 PM, David Filip <david.filip@adaptcentre.ie> wrote:
Hi all,

I apologize for posting this comment after the formal public review close, but this is very likely a show stopper that would send us to csprd04 if logged later, so better now than later..

The W3C its: namespace reuses xml:id on the elements it defines
Our its.xsd introduces an its:id of the type xs:id
I am afraid there is no such attribute in the W3C namespace because it actually reuses the xml:id.

Thus, the xsd needs to change the its:id to xml:id and the prose spec needs to make clear in 5.9.12 and 5.9.12.4 that the module uses xml:id and not its:id (or even itsm:id that it had been using in csprd01). Both are of the xs;id type, just that we don't control the its: namespace so that we are not free to declare it where it didn't exist..

Cheers and thanks for your attention