OASIS Mailing List ArchivesView the OASIS mailing list archive below
or browse/search using MarkMail.


Help: OASIS Mailing Lists Help | MarkMail Help

xliff message

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]

Subject: Re: [xliff] Modified: XLIFF TC Call

Thanks, Bryan, these minutes will be considered approved by consensus if no dissent recorded by Friday 7th April 2017,  12 NOON UTC


Dr. David Filip
OASIS XLIFF TC Secretary, Editor, Liaison Officer
Spokes Research Fellow
ADAPT Centre
KDEG, Trinity College Dublin
Mobile: +420-777-218-122

On Tue, Apr 4, 2017 at 5:52 PM, Schnabel, Bryan S <bryan.s.schnabel@tektronix.com> wrote:



From: xliff@lists.oasis-open.org [mailto:xliff@lists.oasis-open.org] On Behalf Of David Filip
Sent: Tuesday, April 4, 2017 9:50 AM
To: XLIFF Main List <xliff@lists.oasis-open.org>
Subject: Re: [xliff] Modified: XLIFF TC Call


I move that the below meeting minutes are the minutes of record from XLIFF TC meeting on 4th April 2017.

Looking for a second


Cheers and thanks


Dr. David Filip



OASIS XLIFF TC Secretary, Editor, Liaison Officer

Spokes Research Fellow

ADAPT Centre

KDEG, Trinity College Dublin



On Tue, Apr 4, 2017 at 5:47 PM, OASIS Open <workgroup_mailer@lists.oasis-open.org> wrote:

Submitter's message
Meeting minutes posted. Thanks to Lucía for taking the notes..
-- Dr. David Filip

Event Title: XLIFF TC Call

Date: Tuesday, 04 April 2017, 11:00am to 12:00pm EDT

Please get the dial in information from our private Action Item here:


This meeting counts towards voter eligibility.


I. Approve meeting minutes for 21-March, 2017


II. As specified earlier, let's focus on the end game plan.

III. SOU readiness

IV. Sub Committee Report (0:45 - 0:55)

V.  Current and New Business (0:55 -


Attendance: David F., Bryan, Soroush, Phil, Lucía, Felix, Yves, Tom.

dF: we have quorum.


Bryan moves to approve meeting minutes for 21-March, 2017


Tom: I second.

[no dissent]

B: meeting minutes approved.

dF: [shares his screen and explaining the issues XLIFF-21-46 that were received as csprd02 comments]. The filter shows that the issues have been addressed. [The “comment resolution log” page is also showed and the spreadsheet used to track all the issues and their resolution].

We had one ballot and a few calls for dissent. We are not seeking any further approvals, as everything has been resolved by last week.

This week we made typographical fixes mostly, but also caught some artifacts errors due to croschecking with examples, but no conetntious points in that. The email and SVN traffic was also recorded on JIRA issues that we use for disposal tracking.

On the CTR update, we decided to withdraw the module [one of the CFD held between meetings]. Therefore some issues that were addressing CTR are no longer relevant, now marked as "Superseded" rather than "ready-for-vote", but two of them are still relevant for the future module in XLIFF 2.2.

We can now address membership questions on the resolutions taken or how these were applied.

B: No questions from me.

F: I created a complex examples, that was a long standing AI, I copy-pasted some other ITS samples and combined them. In crosschecks I found validation issues as well as artifact issues, I did not create any new validation rules but fixed a few. This was posted to the list and recorded on issues.

dF: that was great, it helped to see some unforeseen issues that we would otherwise have not uncovered and that would have sent us for another PR for sure. So thanks for sacrificing your Saturday, Felix!

dF: I move that the TC approve XLIFF Version 2.1 the 3rd working draft from 04 April 2017 [labelled in advance as Committee Specification Draft 03 / Public Review Draft 03]  https://tools.oasis-open.org/version-control/browse/wsvn/xliff/trunk/xliff-21/xliff-core-v2.1-csprd03.html *.pdf, and *.xml and all associated artifacts at https://tools.oasis-open.org/version-control/svn/xliff/trunk/xliff-21/schemas/ [Revision 890] as a Committee Specification Draft, designating  the html version of the specification as authoritative, and that the TC further approve releasing the Committee Specification Draft for a 15 days public review and direct the TC officers to work with OASIS TC Administration on all tasks required to carry out  publishing of the above approved drafts.

B: I second.

Yes: Felix, Lucía, Phil, Bryan, Soroush, Yves, Tom, David F.

No: 0

Abstain: 0

dF: Motion approved unanimously.

Congratulations we have the 3rd public review draft.

III. SOU readiness


dF: The SOU questionnair is in good shape. But it will need some reviewing to apply the new changes in csprd03.

L: I will do the reviewing before next meeting. I will send an email to notify you about it.

dF: It will be launched once the 3rd public review is over and we have an official committee specification, no longer a draft. The other thing is to have implementations.

Y: I do not know if I will have time to do the implementations.

B: I do not know if I will have time either.

dF: You still have a month time, and the full support is not required. We just need to have advanced validation support and the more ITS categories support the better.

F: what does support mean in terms of processing (merging, extracting…)?

dF: that is defined that in the questionnaire, we have categories where you have to define your type of processor. Basically the more agent types you check the more "yes" answers will be expected to show support. But it's OK to fill it just for just one agent type and the features you have.

dF: From the OASIS procedural point of view, I think we need three implementations and at least one OASIS member among the implementers. OASIS doesn't officially prescribe what the coverage must be. But not having coverage would not be a good news as we would basically not know if the features work. So tool implementers, please consider it. Ideally we'd like to have two implementers for each fetaure but at least 1 to see how it works

B: 2 might be a stretch, but we'll see what can be done..

IV. Sub Committee Report (0:45 - 0:55)

dF: Both committees [XLIFF and XLIFF OMOS] agreed to skip Barcelona and organize the next symposium in Silicon Valley in October 31/November 1st, please save the date. I will make the call for this symposium this week or next week.

Sister committee OMOS

Y: We are working on JLIFF, there was a lot of activity on github on the schema. And there was some activity on the TBX mapping side.

dF: There was some progress but tbx is under revision on ISO, so further progress is on hold.

dF: There will be a JIAMCATT event in the Hague in May. It is really influential network of organizations (gvernemnt, international and extrateritorial, big UN agencies, European Comission, European Council etc.) with translation needs. Olaf-Michael Stefanov, Alan Melby and myself, we are leading the standardisation interest groupp. We have placed XLIFF 2 as a topic in the plenary agenda this year. We will position XLIFF as bitext format for non-technical / decision making audience. It is good for XLIFF adoption. We will also have a half day workshop to exchange information on XLIFF and other standards.

[Even the so called public webpage of JIAMCATT can be only accessed with an ECAS login https://webgate.ec.europa.eu/fpfis/wikis/display/JIAMCATT/04_3_Annual_2017 Further interaction reuires organizational registrations, commercial organizations are not admissible participants however]


IV. New business:

dF: There will be no new items to discuss by next meeting so I move to skip it. We can discuss things via the mailing list. Lucía will send the SOU questionnaire update and impelementers can update us on their progress as well..

B: Ok, so our next meeting will be the on 2nd May. The csprd03 review will have passed by then.

dF: sure we can address that on the mailing list before the meeting on 2nd, perhaps make first steps for the cs01 special majority vote.

L: Will we have a P&L meeting today?

Df: Not today, as we already adressed the questionnaire, promotion and liaisons, but we will have it in the next meeting and we should talk about the symposium CFP.

B: Thank you, meeting adjourned.


Owner: Bryan Schnabel
Group: OASIS XML Localisation Interchange File Format (XLIFF) TC
Sharing: This event is shared with the OASIS Open (General Membership), and General Public groups. Public Event Link

  • Learn more about subscribing here.
  • View the OASIS XML Localisation Interchange File Format (XLIFF) TC calendar here.
  • You may receive future notifications with updates to this event. Update the event on your calendar by accepting the changes.

To unsubscribe from this mail list, you must leave the OASIS TC that
generates this mail.  Follow this link to all your TCs in OASIS at:


Please be advised that this email may contain confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify us by email by replying to the sender and delete this message. The sender disclaims that the content of this email constitutes an offer to enter into, or the acceptance of, any agreement; provided that the foregoing does not invalidate the binding effect of any digital or other electronic reproduction of a manual signature that is included in any attachment.

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]