Subject: RE: [xliff] XSLT template for validation

Hi Felix,

I guess I will need two things eventually:

1)   The Schematron-corresponding XSLT(s) that generates the error reports when run against the input file

2)   Examples of the error report, so it can potentially be adapted for the tool(s) running the validation.

You just gave me #2, thank you very much.

My goal is to see if I can use the XSLTs instead of the XSD schemas to validate 2.1 files from the Okapi library.

Having to add a dependency to a XSLT2 processor it quite annoying, but I suppose it cannot be helped.

The only open-source Java implementation of XSLT2 seems to be Saxon-HE. It’s big and has itself a bunch of dependencies.

I guess I’ll have to somehow separate the XSLT validation and the core functionality. If I can’t I’ll probably drop the XSLT validation altogether.

Thanks for the examples: it’s a good start.