Subject: NVDL file, its.xsd, etc.

Hi all,

Looking at the NVDL file that comes with the 2.1 validation files:

I’m not sure why the section <namespace ns="urn:oasis:names:tc:xliff:document:2.0"> has a call to <validate schema="xliff_core_2.1.sch" useMode="attach-all"/>. Shouldn’t this be only when the document is 2.1?

Or maybe that section should be <namespace ns="urn:oasis:names:tc:xliff:document:2.1">?

I was also wondering why we have an its.xsd file. Can’t we use the normal its.xsd file provided by ITS?

As far as I can tell we just reference ITS definitions but don’t change them and there is nothing referring to XLIFF in that schema.

So even if we don’t reference all of ITS in 2.1, using the official ITS schema should not be an issue and we could use it the same way we use xml.xsd.

But maybe I’m missing something.