Subject: Motion language for COS01 progression

Hi all,

assuming that we will have approved the necessary number of SOUs in our meeting later today, we should be also in a position to request the special majority ballot to progress XLIFF 2.1 from Committee Specification to Candidate OASIS Standard, which is the penultimate state the specification reaches in order to eventually become a fully ratified OASIS Standard.

The motion language that we will hopefully use in the meeting:

I move to approve the TC officers requesting that TC Administration hold a Special Majority Vote to approve submitting XLIFF Version 2.1 Committee Specification 01 from 23 August 2017 at http://docs.oasis-open.org/xliff/xliff-core/v2.1/cs01/xliff-core-v2.1-cs01.html and all associated normative artifacts as a Candidate OASIS Standard.

If this motion carries in the upcoming meeting, I will be able to fill our the Special Majority Vote Ticket for OASIS Admin that is available here
https://www.oasis-open.org/resources/tc-admin-requests/candidate-oasis-standard-submission-request

We may want to review on SVN the content I had prepared for filling out the ticket
http://tools.oasis-open.org/version-control/browse/wsvn/xliff/trunk/xliff-21/%21Admin/COS01_Progression/COS01SMTicket.txt

Cheers and ttys

OASIS XLIFF OMOS TC Chair
OASIS XLIFF TC Secretary, Editor, Liaison Officer
Spokes Research Fellow
ADAPT Centre
KDEG, Trinity College Dublin
Mobile: +420-777-218-122