Subject: Modified: XLIFF TC Meeting

Event Title: XLIFF TC Meeting

Date: Tuesday, 02 October 2018, 11:00am to 12:00pm EDT
Description

https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/xliff/members/action_item.php?action_item_id=3663

This meeting counts towards voter eligibility.

Agenda

I. Approve July 17, 2018 meeting minutes
https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/xliff/event.php?event_id=47608

II. Where do we go next?
  A. XLIFF 2.X or 3.0 wiki space for new features (Bryan)
    https://wiki.oasis-open.org/xliff/FeatureTracking

  B. TM Profile note

  C. ISO approval

  D. A Special Majority Ballot to approve submitting XLIFF V2.1 OS to ISO has been set up
  100% of eligable voters have voted - all in favor.
  https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xliff/201804/msg00012.html

  E. IANA registration for Media Type application/xliff+xml (David)
  https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xliff/201804/msg00003.html

III. Subcommittee and sister TC reports
 A. Promotion and Liaison SC (note, moved XLIFF 2.1 press release under this topic)
 B. XOMOS - Sister TC

IV. New business

Minutes

Agenda

Attendance: Lucia, Tom, David F., Bryan

We have quorum.

I. Approve July 17, 2018 meeting minutes
https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/xliff/event.php?event_id=47608

Df: I second.

B: Meeting minutes approved.

-ISO Approval

Df: We need more people to push the technical work. What we can do now is work on the editorial work on the ISO. This also will help us to create a 2.2 spec.

B: I agree with you.

Df: I move that I become the liaison to ISO TC 37/SC 5.

B: I second.

Df: we publish 2.0 through that committee. For the 1st publication we could do it in our own format, for the second submission, we need to do it in their ISO format.

II. Where do we go next?
A. XLIFF 2.X or 3.0 wiki space for new features (Bryan)
https://wiki.oasis-open.org/xliff/FeatureTracking

B: We should talk about the next steps.

Df:We can look at the features that are belonged by the members of this meeting.

B: I think I am the only one that owns a feature. We have placeholders but no content so far in the wiki.

B: I still believe in the 2.2. But I have not made a case still for it. David, you own the rendering.

Df: TBX is already represented in glossary module. And we have the matches module. TMX is not maintainable because it is in a legal limbo. Andrez Zydron has asked for some progression on this. We really need to take action items and bring people on board. Bryan, could you convince Andrez to come back?

We have three technical options:

  1. Through the candidate module. I am in favour of this. The translation candidates allows you to add reference languages. It is definitely overloading the module features.
  2. Use core only. I think Yves was in favour of this.
  3. Creating a separate grammar. We can create an alternative root element, but we need some technical critical mass on the TC to go this way.

We need critical representation in the tc. No matter what, it should not affect 2.2. In terms of candidates it should not change in comparison with 2.1.

And there is SRX, there will be a segmentation roundtrip. In modern technologies, rule-based is not the only option. We are here to provide a good data model for them to roundtrip information.

B: We are talking about three different solutions for the three standards (tbx, tmx and srx). I am proposing that we come up with a new grammar for the lisa standards.

Df: I do not think we need a separate grammar. You do not try replace tbx. We are just trying to roundtripping information. I do not think we need a separate grammar for SRX, it is out of our scope. The only case is TMX, because nobody else owns it. Steven is the owner for the segmentation feature owner.

B: I will continue thinking on it.

Df: Another thing that we could think of is maximising our work: we can move to a monthly meeting and concentrate on the mailing list.

B: I agree with it.

Df: when we will get the 2.2 momentum, we could resume to the regular work.

Df: I move to move to one meeting for month.

B: I second.

B: Meeting adjourned.

Owner: Bryan Schnabel
Group: OASIS XML Localisation Interchange File Format (XLIFF) TC
Sharing: This event is shared with the OASIS Open (General Membership), and General Public groups. Public Event Link
  • Learn more about subscribing here.
  • View the OASIS XML Localisation Interchange File Format (XLIFF) TC calendar here.
  • You may receive future notifications with updates to this event. Update the event on your calendar by accepting the changes.

BEGIN:VCALENDAR
CALSCALE:GREGORIAN
METHOD:REQUEST
VERSION:2.0
X-MS-OLK-FORCEINSPECTOROPEN:TRUE
BEGIN:VTIMEZONE
TZID:America/New_York
BEGIN:STANDARD
DTSTART:20001029T020000
RRULE:FREQ=YEARLY;BYDAY=-1SU;BYMONTH=10;UNTIL=20061029T060000Z
TZNAME:EST
TZOFFSETFROM:-0400
TZOFFSETTO:-0500
END:STANDARD
BEGIN:STANDARD
DTSTART:20071104T020000
RRULE:FREQ=YEARLY;BYDAY=1SU;BYMONTH=11
TZNAME:EST
TZOFFSETFROM:-0400
TZOFFSETTO:-0500
END:STANDARD
BEGIN:DAYLIGHT
DTSTART:20000402T020000
RRULE:FREQ=YEARLY;BYDAY=1SU;BYMONTH=4;UNTIL=20060402T070000Z
TZNAME:EDT
TZOFFSETFROM:-0500
TZOFFSETTO:-0400
END:DAYLIGHT
BEGIN:DAYLIGHT
DTSTART:20070311T020000
RRULE:FREQ=YEARLY;BYDAY=2SU;BYMONTH=3
TZNAME:EDT
TZOFFSETFROM:-0500
TZOFFSETTO:-0400
END:DAYLIGHT
END:VTIMEZONE
BEGIN:VEVENT
STATUS:CONFIRMED
TRANSP:OPAQUE
DTSTAMP:20181014T182910Z
DTSTART;VALUE=DATE-TIME;TZID=America/New_York:20181002T110000
DTEND;VALUE=DATE-TIME;TZID=America/New_York:20181002T120000
SEQUENCE:2
SUMMARY:XLIFF TC Meeting
LAST-MODIFIED:20181014T182910Z
ORGANIZER:workgroup_mailer@lists.oasis-open.org
ATTENDEE;CUTYPE=GROUP:MAILTO:xliff@lists.oasis-open.org
 action_item.php?action_item_id=3663\n\nAgenda: I. Approve Ju
 ly 17\, 2018 meeting minutes\nhttps://www.oasis-open.org/app
 s/org/workgroup/xliff/event.php?event_id=47608\n\nII. Where
 do we go next?\n  A. XLIFF 2.X or 3.0 wiki space for new fea
 tures (Bryan)\n    https://wiki.oasis-open.org/xliff/Feature
 Tracking\n\n  B. TM Profile note\n\n  C. ISO approval\n \n
 D. A Special Majority Ballot to approve submitting XLIFF V2.
 1 OS to ISO has been set up\n  100% of eligable voters have
 voted - all in favor.\n  https://lists.oasis-open.org/archiv
 es/xliff/201804/msg00012.html\n \n  E. IANA registration for
  Media Type application/xliff+xml (David)\n  https://lists.o
 asis-open.org/archives/xliff/201804/msg00003.html\n\nIII. Su
 bcommittee and sister TC reports\n A. Promotion and Liaison
 SC (note\, moved XLIFF 2.1 press release under this topic)\n
  B. XOMOS - Sister TC\n\nIV. New business\nGroup: OASIS XML
 Localisation Interchange File Format (XLIFF) TC\nCreator: Br
 yan Schnabel
URL:https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/xliff/event.php?event_id=47790
UID:https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/xliff/event.php?event_id=47790
BEGIN:VALARM