Subject: Modified: XLIFF TC call

Event Title: XLIFF TC call

Date: Tuesday, 19 February 2019, 11:00am to 12:00pm EST
Description

New dial-in link at this action item.

https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/xliff/members/action_item.php?action_item_id=3921

This meeting counts towards voter eligibility.

Agenda

I. Administration
  A. Approve January 15, 2019 meeting minutes
  https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xliff/201901/msg00002.html

II. Where do we go next?
  A. XLIFF 2.X or 3.0 wiki space for new features (Bryan)
    https://wiki.oasis-open.org/xliff/FeatureTracking

  B. Rendering Requirements for XLIFF 2.2 - David
  https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xliff/201901/msg00001.html

  C. GALA TAPICC XLIFF Extraction and Merging Best Practice v1.0 Allison
  https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xliff/201901/msg00003.html

  D. Registration file - Yves
  https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xliff/201902/msg00006.html

III. Subcommittee and sister TC reports
 A. Promotion and Liaison SC
 B. XOMOS - Sister TC

IV. New business

Minutes

Attendance: Tom, DavidF, Bryan, Lucía

I. Administration
B: I move to approve January 15, 2019 meeting minutes
  https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xliff/201901/msg00002.html

T: I second.

B: Meeting minutes approved.

II. Where do we go next?
  A. XLIFF 2.X or 3.0 wiki space for new features (Bryan)

    https://wiki.oasis-open.org/xliff/FeatureTracking

Bryan goes through the list https://wiki.oasis-open.org/xliff/FeatureTracking

B: There is an approved feature. Besides, Phil indicated that he would not be able to own the 2.4 feature anymore (change tracking).

B: What is the current LISA standards? I have seen that David tweeted something about it.

L: Yes about TBX.

Df:The ballot succeed 16 to 1. It is in final editorial round. A fairly good summary can be found in the standards reader: https://magazine.multilingual.com/issue/jan-feb-2019dm/localization-standards-reader-4-0/

It is now multimodal in the same way as XLIFF.

You can find the information on the TBX dialects: https://www.tbxinfo.net/tbx-dialects/ . The schemas are available and free. The iso standard is not, you can buy it at https://www.iso.org/standard/62510.html .

Df: About the rendering. I submitted the paper that was presented in London. We just need to transform it to the spec style.

Df: Ian has found some bugs in the schematron. Changing to support xpath 3 because it is more expressive. We can add this as a new feature. Bryan: Can you add this as a feature in the wiki? I will work on it once it is there.

B: Yes, I can.

Df: We were in XML Prague, great conference. Highly recommended. We presented JLIFF. We met people from Oxygen and they support XLIFF 2.1. If we make a new set of schematron, it could be added to Oxygen and this will give good support of XLIFF for engineers.

B: We also have the best practices of extracting and merging that were posted by Allison. We do not have a feature associated to that.

Df: We can have it as a feature for it. It is officially donated to our TC. It is saved for us to use it.

B: it is great, good news on that.

Df: Could you add it as a feature tracking as well?

B: Sure.

B: what about the other lisa standards?

Df: there could be some mapping to srx to the feaure that steven owns (roundtrip method). We need Steven to make progress on that.

Registration file - Yves
  https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xliff/201902/msg00006.html

Df:We need Yves to tells us is this has been solved.

B: It looks like it has been solved according to the exchange of email with Chet.

III. Subcommittee and sister TC reports

B. XOMOS - Sister TC

Df: The JLIFF presentation on the XML Prague. The JLIFF is stable since Summer. We want to have public reviews by April. The TBX mapping might be out at the same time, this is being editing by James. He already made some progress.

 A. Promotion and Liaison SC