Subject: Re: [xliff] Online validation for XLIFF

Thanks Rodolfo,

> The initial implementation for the online XLIFF validator suggested
> yesterday by Yoshito is now available at https://
> dev.maxprograms.com/Validation/

I played with the online validator a little bit.

I found something interesting case. Here is the minimal case illustrating the case I found:

===
<xliffxmlns="urn:oasis:names:tc:xliff:document:2.0"version="2.0"srcLang="en">
<fileid="f1">
<unitid="u1">
<segmentid="s1">
<source></source>
</segment>
</unit>
</file>
</xliff>
===

The validator returns an error for this XLIFF file with error message: Reason: Empty <source> element

I read XLIFF specification and checks whether empty text in <source> element is really invalid. I could not find such description. Can someone point out why empty <source> element is invalid?

-Yoshito