Subject: RE: [xliff] ref value in translation candidates module element <mtc:match>

Hello Yoshito,

I don't know what the original goal was, but I'll offer my interpretation.

The specs says that "ref" attribute points to a span of text, that does not mean it must be a <mrk> element, I take it just means that it has to point to an element that contains the text that is being matched.

If my assumption is right, there is an error in example 4.3.1.22 as you correctly pointed out and it should say:

  <mtc:match id="tc01" ref="#seg2">

I think that <note> and <mtc:match> should both use the same mechanism for pointing at text in a <unit>. I would prefer leaving <source> untouched, but I consider that a consistent mechanism is more important.

The element <gls:glossentry> also uses "ref" but there is no example pointing to a whole <source> content. We may need to add one.

Rodolfo M. Raya
Maxprograms http://www.maxprograms.com