Subject: Meeting minutes

Dear all,

Please find below a summary of today’s discussion.

Attendance: Yoshito, Lucía, Rodolfo

Regrets: Bryan.

I. Administration
R: I move to approve 5th October meeting minutes.
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xliff/202110/msg00003.html

Y: I second.

R: Meetings approved.

II. Technical work
A. Discussion & Roll Call.
https://github.com/oasis-tcs/xliff-xliff-22/issues/4 (Rodolfo, all)

R: I explained this issue to provide a way to associate note.  We are not breaking backwards compatibility, we are adding things. It is fine.

L: What does this mean in terms of version number?

R: We could change just the decimal as we are not breaking the backwards compatibility and start working on 2.2.

Y: What were the changes in the schema between 2.0 and 2.1?

R: the schema is the same. If we make the changes to allow pointing <note> to <segment>, we need to have a new version of the schema for 2.2.

Y: if we make those changes, the importance is that the files using 2.2 would need to be validated as well.

R: Yes, you would need a validator for that version. (Rodolfo shows how his validator, depending on the version of XLIFF chooses one specific validator or another).

R: The rules for ref are not clear. So, I propose the same syntax used in <mtc:match> for <note> as matches can point to segments.

R: Roll call: Here is the text: “Allow changes in the core schema to fix issues reported in GitHub even if that means changing version number.” Do you agree?

Yes: Yoshito, Rodolfo, Lucía.

R: Ballot approved.

L: What are the new steps?

R: We can add the attribute to the schema. And we remove the requirements. We publish a new draft of the schema for the next meeting. We can officially start working on 2.2.

Y: I will add the github issue in our github. https://github.com/rmraya/OpenXLIFF/issues/13

L: Thank you. No new business. Meeting adjourned.