Subject: RE: [xliff] Use of fs:fs/fs:subFs in <note> element?

Thanks Rodolfo for your quick response.

Do we have any legitimate use cases for fs:fs attribute in <note> element?

The spec explicitly explain fs:fs/fs:subFs are allowed. But I don't understand the intent.

I also look for valid XLIFF example in the repo, but could not find any example use case.

-Yoshito

From: "Rodolfo M. Raya" <rmraya@maxprograms.com>
Date: Wednesday, April 6, 2022 at 8:18 PM
To: Yoshito Umaoka <yoshito_umaoka@us.ibm.com>, "xliff@lists.oasis-open.org" <xliff@lists.oasis-open.org>
Subject: [EXTERNAL] RE: [xliff] Use of fs:fs/fs:subFs in <note> element?

Hi Yoshito, The spec does not provide an easy way to put links in notes. Inline tags are not supported in <note> so the only (and ugly) way would be to use escaped HTML like in your example. I would prefer to allow using the "source" ZjQcmQRYFpfptBannerStart

This Message Is From an External Sender

ZjQcmQRYFpfptBannerEnd

Hi Yoshito,

The spec does not provide an easy way to put links in notes. Inline tags are not supported in <note> so the only (and ugly) way would be to use escaped HTML like in your example.

I would prefer to allow using the "source" attribute in <note>, as used in the <gls:term> or <gls:translation> elements from the Glossary module.

Rodolfo M. Raya
Maxprograms http://www.maxprograms.com