Subject: RE: [xliff] Another spec question - processing requirements for state attribute

Hello:

Yoshito is right, an attribute that has a default value defined in the schema should be automatically added to an element when a parser is processing an element that lacks the attribute.

I have to fix my validator to handle the "state" attribute and probably some other attributes too.

Rodolfo M. Raya
Maxprograms http://www.maxprograms.com

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: RE: [xliff] Another spec question - processing requirements for
state attribute
From: "Rodolfo M. Raya" <rmraya@maxprograms.com>
Date: Thu, April 07, 2022 2:44 pm
To: <xliff@lists.oasis-open.org>

Hello Yoshito,

I based my reply on my experience with Java XML parsers. They donât set the attribute when it is missing in the XML file.

What you write is logical indeed and you are probably right. If you are right as it seems, then most of the XLIFF files Iâve seen are invalid.

I need to investigate a bit more what parsers should do in this case and adjust my validator accordingly.