xmile-comment message

Subject: Conforming Xmile Implementation

As part of the SDXchange project, I have successfully implemented the OASIS XMILE 1.0 Committee Specification 01 http://docs.oasis-open.org/xmile/xmile/v1.0/cs01/xmile-v1.0-cs01.doc dated 29 October 2014, in accordance with the conformance clauses in Section 7 Conformance of the specification. This use of the specification includes interoperation with other similar independent implementations.

Specifically, we have created a Dynamo to XMILE translator which produces a conforming XMILE v1.0 representation, including a synthesized view and appropriate graph and table outputs, from Dynamo models.

The translator has generated XMILE models Dynamo listings in Richardson and Pugh's Introduction to System Dynamics Modeling with Dynamo and from the software development model presented in Abdel-Hamid's dissertation, along with various models designed expressly as test instances. The resulting XMILE has been tested using an XMILE v1.0 tool chain from ISEE Systems.

Some of the translator's XMILE outputs have also been loaded and executed by a PySD tool chain XMILE import under development by James P. Houghton.

I hope the committee finds this information useful.

--
Robert Ward
SDXchange