xmile message

Subject: Re: [xmile] SMILE and XMILE

Part 4

Re: SMILE and XMILE

Postby Magne Myrtveit » Sun Aug 18, 2013 7:34 am

Hi Bob,

Yes, storing redundant information inside the XMILE file might be a good idea. The main challenge, however, is to come up with a common definition of the main concepts. As you can see from the WIP example, the concept of arrays (subscripts in Vensim terminology), differs significantly. We need to re-visit every major concept and take great care to understand the different approaches, look for ways to transform between them, and select solutions that are not bound by history at the expense of good language design and the road forward.

Have a nice Sunday, Bob. I think I'll go for a bike ride :-)