xmile message

Subject: Re: [xmile] Very rough draft of section 5: Display and interface structure

Hi Billy,

Thanks for putting this together. I have only gone through this superficially at this point, but it raises two big issue, one of format and one of substance. Both are worth discussing further in the group.

On format I was envisioning that the conceptual sections would stay away from XML and instead use something like the attached - basically an indented list. I find this easier to read and therefore more effective at conveying the logical structure of the model and layout representations. I would like to hear others opinions on this.

The substantive issue is related to the display, something I raised in my earlier notes. Since the intention is to allow multiple display representations for any given variable it seems that including display information inside of the variable definition and parallel to the equations, units and comments definition is undesirable as there will be a well defined way to do this inside a broader display definition. Again I would like to here others' opinions on this.

                                     Bob Eberlein