xmile message

Subject: isee draft-XMILE -> TC draft-XMILE converter

Hi folks,

As I mentioned a few days ago, I've been playing with an implementation of XMILE.

The first thing that it can do is convert existing isee STELLA/iThink v10.0.3 models to the currently proposed TC spec.  Practically, this means it does two things:

2) pulls the <display> tag out of variables and appends it to the element list in the model-layer <display> tag.

I believe this is what we discussed at the last meeting - if I misunderstood please correct me :)  Finally, this is a 1 way conversion for now.  Going the other way should be pretty easy, but I'm leaving town for the weekend and wanted to get something out.

It is available here:
http://xmile.bpowers.net/

Suggestions, comments, and bug reports welcome.  I intend to follow what we decide at the TC meetings so that we can see how the spec looks and feels with real models.

Finally, the code is available, but hasn't been well documented yet.  It uses Go 1.2's built in XML marshaling to convert XMILE files to statically typed structures, and back.
https://github.com/bpowers/go-xmile
I have a feeling a similar approach would work well with Java and other languages supporting reflection.

yours,
Bobby