xmile message

Subject: Re: [xmile] initial draft of container schema chapter & items for discussion

Hi Bobby,

It is chapter 2.  However, I am noticing that neither Chapter 2 nor Chapter 5 are using the templates that are set up in SVN.  The OASIS style start of both chapters is already there at the top level.  For chapter 2, the name is:

xmile-v1.0-overall-wd01.doc

It must be in this format and should be in this document.

For chapter 5, it is:

xmile-v1.0-display-wd01.doc

If there is any question, the master file, xmile-v1.0-combine-parts-wd01.doc will direct you to the right place.

Regarding simulation specs, we can talk about it at the meeting, but I disagree that they should be in the root model.  The typical usage is one sim specs for everything, so it should be outside at the global level.  This is then inherited by all models just like styles.

Regarding x and y, that was intentional.  Either you have an x and y, which is the center, or you have a top (y), left (x), width and height (the typical specification for a rectangle - center x, y with a width and height is both unusual and very unintuitive).  I do not expect hand editing of display positions to be a typical use case, so there should be no problem.

Karim