xmile message

Subject: display questions

Hi Billy,

I see that you added some pieces today, I have a few concerns
(especially seeing as if we're holding off on controversial changes
before voting on Friday, as Will mentioned).  First, you added:

"In order for XMILE views to be more easily navigated views are
required to specify:

home_page<int> default: 0- The index of the printed page which is
shown when any link with the home_page target is executed

home_view<bool> default: false – A marker property which is used to
determine which view is navigated to when any link with the target
home_view is executed. Only one view for each view type is allowed to
be marked as the home_view."

This seems very isee-specific.  I don't know of any other vendor that
uses index of printed pages - can we leave this out of the spec and
isee can use these it with the 'isee:' namespace prefix?

Second, is the visual effects on <link>.  Values are listed as
"dissolve, checkerboard, bars, wipe_left, wipe_right, wipe_top,
wipe_bottom, wipe_clockwise, wipe_counterclockwise, iris_in, iris_out,
doors_close, doors_open, venetian_left, venetian_right, venetian_top,
venetian_bottom, push_bottom, push_top, push_left, push_right".  This
is very arbitrary and isee-specific (similar with to_black).  I think
there needs to be a place for isee to document the isee-specific
values it recognizes in attribute values, but that might not be in the
middle of the industry's spec.  Maybe we should have appendixes for
vendor-specific values?

yours,
Bobby