xmile message

Subject: Re: [xmile] Draft spec issues & recommendations

Hi Billy,

Fair point, but we did not have that to vote on the 0.1 version either.  Also, though we hoped we could be ready, we are not voting for public review yet.  I would point you to section 3.1 of the OASIS regulations. (bobby quoted 2.18.8a in case you can't find 8).  Although we have discussed conformance on many occasions, we have not made it formal yet and so do not have a complete draft.

Also Bobby, the charter specifically allows "technical refinements" not wholesale rewriting or gutting of the draft spec.  This was at the advice of OASIS to make sure we don't spend 2 or more years going through this process.  We have spent a year at this and were at a rough consensus at the meeting a few weeks ago, talking only about clarifications and fixing gaps before the vote today.

Should be an interesting meeting.

Karim