xmile message

Subject: schema status, examples, etc

Hey everyone,

Greetings from London.  I am tinkering with the XML schema so I can bring it up to date with the Word doc before our meeting next week.  I am discovering small errors in the schema as I go.  (the latest was the <include> tags wouldn't validate).

I am creating a set of sample models focusing on particular features (e.g. headers, or macros, or includes).  They are in the directory "examples".  Please feel free to add more.  When you do so, validate the model against the latest schema.  I use Eclipse, but you can also use an online validator such as http://www.freeformatter.com/xml-validator-xsd.html

I could also use help proofreading the schema to be sure I didn't miss stuff in the Word doc.  As an example, I discovered today some attributes for <use_conveyor> and <use_queue> were missing.  Perhaps we should just create more examples based on the Word doc and see which ones fail to validate.

At some point soon I will set up an automatic script to validate models in this directory against the schema every time a svn commit to the models or the schema is made.  The script will email the list if there's a validation error in the newly checked in example.  Is that ok with everyone?

Finally, please note when writing examples to check whether a CDATA structure is needed for large blocks of text.  The macro examples didn't validate due to missing CDATAs.   This is incorrect (due to the <value> in the body).

Instead do this:

  <format>
     <![CDATA[LOG(<value>, <base>)]]>
   </format>

best,
WILL

--
William Glass-Husain   /forio  |  +1 (415) 440 7500 x89  |  forio.com