xmile message

Subject: Pre-OS vote orientation webinar opportunity

Members of the XMILE TC,

We want to offer you the opportunity to try something new with us: a pre-OS vote orientation webinar. This webinar would be targeted at the OASIS membership, but could be open to anyone who wants to attend. The purpose is to let representatives of the TC explain the basics about the specifications to people who might not be familiar with this area of technology.  We would like to see if this will result in achieving the approval threshold faster and reaching a higher OS vote total. We'd also like to see if it would help elevate awareness of the work within OASIS (i.e.leading to more citations to the XMILE OSs from other OASIS TCs.)

To be most effective, we think it would be best to hold this about two weeks before the vote. Your 60 day public review will end October 29th, so sometime around the 13th or 14th is probably best. Please discuss this idea within the TC and let us know if there is any interest by Wednesday, September 30th

Kind regards, Jane