xmlvoc-comment message

Subject: Re: [xmlvoc-comment] Phone Conference Apr 16 necessary?

Steve,

Steve Pepper wrote:
<snip>

>> My proposal would be to skip the conf call. Other opinions?
>

> If we cancel this meeting there probably won't be any further progress
> before Barcelona. I propose we all make the effort to get enough work
> done to justify having the concall, even though it may not last the
> full two hours.

I don't have a lot of bandwidth (I have a 1.0 release on a base Bible
encoding due out Monday)  but I am willing to make the effort to have
something to discuss (or be cussed!) on Tuesday.

> The most useful thing would be for Holger to get the draft
> requirements written and distributed a few days before April 15th in
> order to spark a discussion.
>
> We also agreed that we would each identify some small set of data and
> create example topic maps.

Looking at the Cover pages on SGML grammars, about to reduce that to the
first section on grammars. ;-) Still a lot of material. Will see how it
goes.

<snip>

> I suggest that we don't worry too much about the final form of the
> published subject indicators and identifiers, since that is the domain
> of the PubSubj TC. But we should agree on a provisional syntax for PS
> identifiers, in order to facilitate the merging of whatever topic maps
> each of us creates. I suggest we use the following pattern for the
> time being:
>
>    http://psi.xml.org/foo.html#bar
>
> where "foo" is a class (e.g. "tools") and "bar" is an instance (e.g.
> "xp").

Question: Not sure what you mean when saying "foo" is a class? (At least
not looking at the core psi and the ones in country.xtm. Understand that
the syntax may change, question is about how you were characterizing "foo."

> Does anyone else have the bandwidth to provide input? I would really
> like to keep up the momentum on this...

Does that help? (I guess that depends on what I have done by Tuesday
doesn't it. ;-) Will see what I can crank out, perhaps while taking
breaks from other drafting tasks.

Patrick