xmlvoc message

Subject: Re: [xmlvoc] Call for voting on requirements document

At 00:19 20/04/02 +0200, H. Holger Rath wrote:
>         Approval of requirements document as published at
>http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/xmlvoc/doc/020419_requirements.html

I vote yes.

I don't know if I'm allowed to vote "yes with comments" but here's my
comment anyway:

I don't have any problems with the requirements document as far as it goes,
but I don't feel it goes far enough yet. There is too much focus on the
technical requirements and too little on the user requirements. I still
feel that we are groping around in the dark to a certain extent. I don't
have the answers up my sleeve, but I would like to encourage everyone to
think about this. Hopefully, the task of creating our own little XML topic
maps will help us gain a better understanding of the real user
requirements. The document itself can always be extended as our
understanding matures.

Steve

--
Steve Pepper, Chief Executive Officer <pepper@ontopia.net>
Convenor, ISO/IEC JTC1/SC34/WG3  Editor, XTM (XML Topic Maps)