xmlvoc message

Subject: My Resignment as XMLvoc TC Chair

Dear XMLvoc members,

I was not able to contribute at least a little bit to this TC in the last
months - mainly because of lack of time. And I know that this will not
change for the rest of the year. I am also not able to travel to Montreal
(Extreme) and to Philly (XML 2003).

So, I decided to resign as chair of the XMLvoc TC. I propose to elect
Patrick Durusau as new chair. He did a great job as TC secretary, kept the
group somehow alive since last meeting, and - most important - he is also
interested in doing the job.

But he has one wish to the group before saying yes. I quote Patrick: "but
only if we can get the group to agree on a program of work and specific
deliverables". I think this is a reasonable request and will lead to a
better organized TC work. Seemed to me as we have to review at the charter
and list of deliverables.

Finally I would like to say "Thank you" - was a pleasure to chair this
group!

NB: I try to keep my member status of the TC - but I am not sure if I am
able to manage it.

Regards,
--Holger

--