xri-comment message

Subject: RE: [xri-comment] XRD: Comments on xrd-1.0-cd01

The ability to chain multiple XRDs (each describing a *different* resource) in a single document is needed by the XRI resolution process. It might also be useful in other cases where multiple XRD documents need to be located in a single document. The main reason it is included is to remove the need for XRI and other applications to define another XML namespace just for that one element.

Feel free to ignore it. LRDD and Host-meta will explicitly require <XRD> to be the root element.

EHL