xri-comment message

Subject: Re: [OpenID] [xri-comment] My Feedback for XRD Vrsion 1.0

I think the whole problem is with the definition of the XRD, as I have suggested in the original post. We need to see the XRD not not as "describing a resource", but as an "aggregator of a set of resources". I will rewrite the definition of an XRD.

"An XRD aggregates a set of related resources into a given Resource".

Note that we are talking of two types of Resource's here.
1) The "given Resource", the one the XRD is describing.
2) The Resource's pointed to by the Link elements. These are Resources which make up the "given Resource".

The important point to note here is that this is an aggregation of "Resource's" NOT aggregation of "Links".

Now if we agree that the host-meta is an aggregation of all Resources with URI's that share the same domain name, then the host-meta defaults to a single Resource identified by a URI. In other word's the host-meta is same as any other XRD.