xri-comment message

Subject: RE: [xri-comment] file extension; valid example signature

>> 1. Could the media type registration (appendix C) list "xrd" as a file
>> extension, instead of "none"?

> Does this requires the use of the .xrd file extension? If we make this
> change, do we must change host-meta to host-meta.xrd or does this just
> enables that alternative?

No. It doesn't require an XRD to have that file extension.
It doesn't require host-meta to become host-meta.xrd -- though I think that would be a good idea. For instance, today Google serve their host-meta with the correct media type, but Yahoo use the wrong one.

curl -i http://www.yahoo.com/.well-known/host-meta

HTTP/1.1 200 OK
Date: Thu, 08 Apr 2010 06:33:23 GMT

<?xml version='1.0' encoding='UTF-8'?>