xri-comment message

Subject: Re: [xri-comment] 'xri' URI scheme not yet registered

31.05.2011 4:26, Joseph Anthony Pasquale Holsten wrote:
> Would this IANA Considerations section be enough? Writing a full registration IETF Draft seems a liitle overkill just to register a historical scheme.
(Maybe you meant "Registration Template", not "IANA Considerations
section".)

Should it be Historical *now*?  I would understand if XRI 3.0 was
already published; but current spec - 2.0 - continues to use it.  Let's
make it Permanent for now; later it will be possible to change the
category to Historical.  In this case having an RFC won't beexcessive,
for a permanent record.
>> IANA Considerations
>>
>> URI scheme name.
>>    xri
>> Status.
>>    Historical
See above.
>> URI scheme syntax.
>>    See [XRISyntax2], Section 2 Syntax.
This and everything below seems OK, modulo some remarks, but please
don't mention section names so that it is "See [XRISyntax2], Section 2"
>> URI scheme semantics.
>>    See [XRIResolution2] z
>> Encoding considerations.
>>    See [XRISyntax2], Section 2.1 Characters and Section 2.3 Transformations.
Section 2.1 only is mostly fine here; Section 2.3 may be omitted, I think.
>> Intended usage.
>>    See [XRIResolution2]
>> Applications and/or protocols that use this URI scheme name.
>>    See [XRIResolution2]
>> Interoperability considerations.
>>    See [XRISyntax2], Section 2.5 Normalization and Comparison.
Maybe, it should be "none"; at least Section 2.5 of Syntax spec. isn't Ok.
>> Security considerations
>>    See [XRISyntax2], Section 3 Security and Data Protection Considerations
>> Contact.
>>    Any volunteers?
>> Change controller.
>>    OASIS
RFC 4395 requires an Email address of Change Controller.  Which is
appropriate?
>> References
>>
>> [XRISyntax2] Reed, D., et al. "Extensible Resource Identifier (XRI) Syntax V2.0", http://docs.oasis-open.org/xri/V2.0, November 2005
>> [XRIResolution2]  Wachob, G., et al. "Extensible Resource Identifier (XRI) Resolution Version 2.0", http://docs.oasis-open.org/xri/2.0/specs/xri-resolution-V2.0.html, February 2008