Subject: RE: [xri-editors] Spec Assignments

Gabe, looks good. I strongly second that we add a section on I18N. We
may also need to add a section on equivalence, similar to that in 2396
and 2396bis.

Having spent countless manhours on the XNS BNF, I'm going to volunteer
to work with Dave and Mike on that. I'm preparing a table of syntax
characters and remaining open issues that I should have ready next week
to help get that started. I'll also help Dave on the Privacy half of the
Security & Privacy section.

My one suggestion is that we set a more defined progress schedule. How
about we make it a goal to have decided by the next call (the 29th) on
the first-draft deliverables for each of our sections that will be
published before the following call (June 12th)? Since next week is a
short week, that gives us roughly two weeks to get our drafting done.

=Drummond

-----Original Message-----
From: Wachob, Gabe [mailto:gwachob@visa.com]
Sent: Thursday, May 22, 2003 12:02 PM
To: 'xri-editors@lists.oasis-open.org'
Subject: [xri-editors] Spec Assignments

Editors-
    I'm going to propose the following breakdown of responsibilities for
generating content to the editors based on the outline doc that Dave has
prepared (and a section perhaps on internationalization):

Introduction & Motivation: Drummond

XRI Syntax: Dave McAlpin & Mike Lindelsee

XRI Resolution: Gabe Wachob & Peter Davis

Security & Privacy: Dave McAlpin

Internationalization: Nat Sakimura & Gabe Wachob

    I've doubled up Dave and the rest of us only have a single section
we are responsible for. For the Syntax and Resolution sections, I've put
two people on these sections since they might be more involved.

    Take this as a suggestion - propose changes as you like. I'm not
sure its divided evenly - we'll just have to see how it comes out.

    If I don't hear any negative feedback by next Tuesday the 27th, I'll
assume we are all happy and in fact may have already started working on
our sections. I'm hoping some sort of first draft will come out within
the next 2-3 weeks. It will have big holes, bad wording, and misaligned
terminology, but it will be something!

    -Gabe