Subject: Notes of today's phone call today

Here's my notes from todays' concall. We don't officially have subcmte meetings, but I find it useful to write down what we talked about. If anyone else would like to add to these notes, please do so.

  1. Discussed new rfc2396 bis proposal and relationship to our work
    1. Concern about new //<domain name> requirement – we’re using domain names differently
    2. Would like to be able to convert an HTTP into a valid XRI by replacing the “http:” part with “xri:”
  2. Discussed the resolution framework (use RDDDS then escape to something else, or start with something else)
    1. Structure NA resolution as a choice between RDDDS and “other” (xri-http), where you can “escape” from RDDDS into “other” and back
  3. Drummond discussed his syntax principles document and there was general consensus on most points – Drummond will follow up on open discussion items