Subject: RE: [xri-editors] Interpretation of "relative XRIs"

I'd really like the 2396 interpretation to be the case. I just wanted to make sure.

So the * gcs really is the "use default naming authority" and the relative xri form is really the 2396 meaning, which I interpret (like you) to basically mean that to get a "non-relative" xri from a relative XRI, you syntactically append something before the relative XRI. Where that "something" comes from is defined generally in 2396 (but ends up depending on how you got the relative XRI in the first place).

Great, fine. Just needed clarification and amplification. I want this specifically said in the spec!

    -Gabe

P.S. Why would "xri:@foo" + "bar" make "xri:@foo/bar" ? Why not "xri:@foo.bar"? Is the insertion of the "/" specified in 2396?
-----Original Message-----
From: Dave McAlpin [mailto:dave.mcalpin@epokinc.com]
Sent: Wednesday, July 02, 2003 1:56 PM
To: 'Wachob, Gabe'; xri-editors@lists.oasis-open.org

I understood relative in exactly the same sense as it’s used in 2396. If you have a relative reference “bar” and a base XRI “xri:@foo”, how to you convert the relative reference into the fully qualified XRI “xri:@foo/bar”? That’s the question I’m attempting to answer. Is that not what you have in mind Gabe?

Dave