Subject: RE: [xri-editors] Status on draft spec

Sorry for the delay. I am finally back from two weeks consecutive trips.

Looking at the discussion, it looks like we base most syntax on RFC2396.
This would assume/implies the following:

1) Most international XRI will not be human readable.
    Or
2) We are talking about the URI escape form of XRI for machine level
handling, which a user will not see because the XRI client software will
take care of the conversion.

Which is true?

My inclination is towards 2) by the way. 1) will not fulfill our promise
of human readability. This will in turn have impact on the section 2.1.
Instead of RFC 2396, we probably need to be basing it on IRI.

Nat Sakimura

-----Original Message-----
From: Dave McAlpin [mailto:dave.mcalpin@epokinc.com]
Sent: Thursday, July 03, 2003 4:04 AM
To: xri-editors@lists.oasis-open.org
Subject: [xri-editors] Status on draft spec

The following sections of the draft spec are currently waiting for
input.

Section 2.3 Character Encoding and Internationalization (Gabe and Nat)
Section 2.5.3 Internationalized XRI Equivalence (Gabe and Nat)
Section 3 Resolution (Gabe, Mike and Peter)

I'm doing a pass through the doc and making editorial changes right now.
I'll post a new version (04) this afternoon so people can see how it's
shaping up and to see how missing sections will fit into the doc as a
whole.

Dave