Subject: RE: [xri-editors] RE: Closure on I18N approach (was RE: [xri-editors] Status on draft spec)

Perhaps the approach should be that the stuff currently there is the "correctness rules" after a unicode -> US-Ascii transformation has been performed. Any string that ends up as a legal XRI (in the 2396 definition we have now) after this transformation is thus a legal IXRI (internationalized XRI).

Does that approach make sense?

Thanks for guiding us on this Nat - I think we'd be hopelessly lost if we didn't have you on board here.

	-Gabe