Subject: RE: [xri-editors] RE: case sensitivity of XRI authorities

Sorry to be such a late comer!

One concern:

Unicode 4.0 case insensitivity makes sense just because of this particular sentence:

The default casing operations are to be used in the absence of tailoring for particular languages
and environments. Where a particular environment (such as a Turkish locale)
requires tailoring, that can be done without violating conformance.

Unicode assumes that you know the locale you are in.
We do not know the locale we are in unfortunately, which brings us an extra dimension of troubles.

Nat