Subject: RE: [xri-editors] Relative cross-references

Dave-

You would never have =John.Doe

You'd have =JohnDoe.

Otherwise, you'd have to have people "register" under their first name and then their last name. Thats clearly not right..

I think the real problem with the "." is that the ordering of .-separated subsegments is strictly left to right, while the understanding we assign words in english is often not left to right (ie the most important word may be in the middle or the right side of a list of words).

The + namespace is different from others, though, because there is no registration required. I think, however, its still important to give examples that don't make people totally ignore that the .-separation has both a special appearance *and* (at least in the resolution) a special *function* (namely step-by-step resolution)...

	-Gabe

rs/leave_w
orkgroup.php.