Subject: RE: [xri-editors] LDAP or DSML as local access protocol

I agree that defining a translation would be useful, but it's not
actaully required, is it? Say I have an XRI for "@foo.bar" and then I
want to make an LDAP query about a distinguished name at the endpoint
identified by "@foo.bar". In that case I don't have to express that
distinguished name as an XRI, I just need to know is that LDAP is a
supported local access protocol at that endpoint, yes?

=Drummond

-----Original Message-----
From: Wachob, Gabe [mailto:gwachob@visa.com]
Sent: Sunday, November 02, 2003 8:32 PM
To: Drummond Reed; XRI Editors (E-mail)

Well, thats OK, but there a bit of work to do. We have to define how a
XRI gets translated into a LDAP or DSML query. This is not a
straightforward process, and there are probably a multitude of ways to
do it (an LDAP query is *structured* and I'm not sure how that structure
is created).

Does someone have a proposal for how to do this in a flexible way?

        -Gabe

rs/leave_workgroup.php.